Initial business registration
• Law no. 9723, dated 03.05.2007, "On Business Registration", as amended.
• Law no. 9901, dated 14.04.2008, "On Traders and Business Companies", as amended.
The primary obligation for any person or legal entity seeking to exercise commercial activity in the Republic of Albania is its registration at the National Business Center (QKB).
Subjects that are obliged to register in the commercial register kept by the QKB are:
1. Persons who exercise commercial economic activity;
2. Simple societies under the provisions of the Civil Code;
3. Business Organizations;
4. Branches and Representation Offices of Foreign Companies;
5. Savings and Credit Associations and Associations;
6. Any other subject that is subject to the obligation to register according to Albanian legislation.
Subjects registered under Law no. 9723, dated 3.5.2007 "On Business Registration, as amended", is provided with a unique identification number (NUIS / NIPT) generated electronically. The registration in the commercial register also constitutes their simultaneous registration at the central and local tax administration, the social and health insurance scheme and the labor inspectorate.
The registration is done at all KBC counters or online at the Albania platform.
What do I need for initial registration?
• Application form;
• Submission of application for registration to the QKB;
• Accompanying documents.
The list of accompanying documents for registration can be found at the service desks or on the KBC's official website.
Upon approval of the application, the QKB electronically notifies the tax authorities (central and local) about the registration of a new entity for fiscal effects and electronically conveys the entity's data (NUIS / NIPT etc.).